Talking With Friends 与朋友聊天
1. Hi, Joe, is it really you? 乔,你好,真是你吗?
2. Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安,你好。真高兴再次见到你。
3. It’s been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年没见你了。
4. Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看起来还是那么漂亮。
5. Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 哦,谢谢。这段时间你好吗?
6. Not too bad. 不太糟。
7. But you sound so sad. 但听起来你很悲伤。
8. Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊,昨天我的宠物猫丢了。
9. Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我很遗憾。
10. That’s all right. 没事儿。
11. Have you seen Kate lately? 最近你看见凯特了吗?
12. No, I have no contact with her. 没有。我和她没有一点儿联系。
13. I heard she got married last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
14. Oh, how nice. Sorry, I’ve got to go now. 那真好。对不起,我必须得走了。
15. So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是,再见。记得联系哦。
Talking About The Past 谈论过去
1. I used to take a walk in the early morning. 我过去常一大早出去散步。
2. He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾与我是邻居。
3. Did you use to go fishing with friends? 过去你常和朋友钓鱼吗?
4. We have known each other for 6 years. 我们认识有六年了。
5. It has been a long time since I last came here. 自从我上次来这里已经有很长时间了。
6. Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 最近你见过史密斯先生吗?
7. They’ve been working on this project since last year. 他们从去年开始一直都在做这个项目。
8. I’ve been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的电视。
9. The movie began as soon as we got there. 我们一到那儿电影就开始了。
10. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时,火车已经开了。
11. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans. 船到晚了,把我们的计划全打乱了。
12. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以为他知道开会时间。
13. They had expected me to go with them. 他们原本希望我和他们一起去。
14. That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次参观那地方了。
15. After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我写完论文,就把它放在抽屉了。